Sunday, December 21, 2008

Road Trip to California & Visit with Aunt Rebecca

I have to say that our road trip to California wasn't at all like I was preparing myself for. The kids were wonderful. Yet, another Christmas Miracle. I brought a box full of all kinds of activities and only had to resort to it maybe two times. They were quite the troopers and so was Steve. He drove most of the way, okay pretty much all of the way. I only drove for about 4 or 5 hours in the middle of the night. We got to Rebecca's house in Mesa, I think, around 10:00am. Steve was able to take a little nap while Rebecca took the kids to the park.


We were glad we weren't going the other way.

The kids kept asking me to take pictures of the mountains. It is like they have never seen them before.

Rebecca was the hostess with the mostess. We loved being able to visit her and to check our her very cute house. Lauren and Aunt Rebecca made us dinner and we also learned a new game, but I can't remember what it's called, help Rebecca! The kids loved it. And all you need are a few dice and paper for everyone and one pencil to share.
We met some of her friends and we went to the temple grounds to see all the Christmas lights and beautiful nativity scenes. We also went to her family ward for church on Sunday and they had a wonderful musical presentation for Christmas, that really helped set the tone for Christmas. Yet, another Christmas miracle.





Just a side note: It was the same ward that Brooke White's family attends. You know the Mormon girl on American Idol. She was my favorite and made it to the top five. Here is one of my favorites of her. "I am I said."



Sorry, I had another favorite. I couldn't find it at first but here it is "Teach Your Children Well."




Okay, back from that side note.

We were also able to visit one of my friends from high school while we were in Mesa, Beth and her family. My kids still talk about the house with the lemons & the dog & the pool. Beth's husband, Stacey was so kind to let the kids pick the lemons and then helped them make lemonade, while Beth and I caught up.

Thanks for a great time Rebecca. We were only there for a little over 24 hours before we finished our trek to California.

No comments: