Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Mission President

I served my mission in 1991-1993 to the Japan Tokyo South Mission. It was a wonderful 1 1/2 years of life that I wouldn't trade for anything. I have a million great experiences I could share, but one I want to share now is about my Mission President. I truly felt like he knew me and knew exactly what I needed and what I was capable of. And I am so grateful for that and for his inspiration. It has been nearly 20 years and we still keep in touch. He is now a general authority. You can find out more about him Here! When he found out we had moved to Bakersfield, he let me know that he was going to be on a mission tour that would take him through Bakersfield and said he would love to see me. So, I showed up at the zone conference and had lunch with him and his sweet wife. He works with President Monson on a regular basis as he is the general authority over the temples. It was great to reminisce a little and glad I was able to visit.

1 comment:

Spendy said...

Small world... his cousin, Heather Walker Sandstrom, is my favorite Bishop's wife. The Sandstrom's obviously speak very highly of him!

PS... I don't know if you realized this, but you didn't put his name anywhere in the post. I had to click on the link to figure out his name. Or maybe that's how you wanted it... :)