Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July 2010

This 4th of July we celebrated with G&G Spendlove. We were so thankful to have guest to celebrate this special holiday with. I was given some cash to go buy some fireworks with and I guess I shouldn't be the one in charge of the fireworks, because I spent a little bit more than that. I was also surprised at what my selection of fireworks was. We are not allowed to shoot any fireworks up in the sky. So they were all fountains or other fireworks that stayed on the ground.

Now, knowing that this was my MNL's favorite holiday, besides Christmas, I thought we needed a little more excitement for our night so I splurged. We spent the evening with our neighbor's, the Browns and the Schiers. I got most of these pictures from Lisa and some from Grandma Spendlove. Thank You! I don't know why I didn't take any.

The Patriotic Crew! Nice Picture!

I was liking this stadium seating.
Steve was in charge of the sparklers.
I remember one of Lauren's first 4th of July Celebrations. I was holding her with a sparkler and somehow managed touch her leg with the end of it. She still has the proof. Looks like she is doing better on her own.
This picture was taken after Ethan decided to through a firework away from the crowd but towards the empty lot next door. Yes, he started a fire in the dry brush and quickly put it out with a bunch of dirt. The 4th of July is always exciting.
Whose kid is that with no SHOES?
Alexia & Rachel
We found a few more sparklers to share.
I made a yummy "looking" fruit pizza.
Kya & Lauren

Monday, Steve had the day off. So what better thing to do then to spend it at home relaxing in the pool. Here Grandpa is enjoying it with his new Hawaiian print swim suit.
Grandma & Rachel had a blast playing with each in the water.
They also worked hard at cleaning some fresh picked blueberries, Grandma brought from home. Thank you girls for all the delicious blueberries we now have in our freezer.

No comments: