Steve and I were talking about how we could honor those whose lost loved ones on 9/11 with our children. And Saturday as we were driving to the beach to spend time with our out of town family we drove by Pepperdine University and saw THIS. It was beautiful, peaceful and I think it touched each one of our hearts. The whole hillside was completely covered with American flags mixed with a few others to represent each of the lives lost that unforgettable day.
My sister-in-law, Lisa, shared her feelings on this 10 year Anniversary and I just want to "ditto" her. She said, "My heart is full of gratitude and my eyes are filled with tears as I reflect on the innocent who lost their lives 10 years ago today , on those who have lost them since in protecting and preserving my personal freedom and of those who were left behind with only memories to cherish. You are the jewel in our nation's crown of humanity. Thank you, bless you and God bless America with the continued gift of freedom and of the best of humanity."
I am so PROUD to be an AMERICAN!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment