So the time finally came when we decided it was best to get rid of our messed up in the head poor little pound dog. I'll spare you all the details as to why but won't hold back as to how it all went down. We told the kids, that it was necessary for Duke to go to a home where he was happy and felt safe and not so scared of people (Steve or any man for that matter). So they each said their final good-byes before heading off to school. It was so sad. I arranged for a friend to watch baby Jacob. I hadn't left him with anyone yet. I loaded the big dog up, just hoping he wouldn't get scared and pee all over the car. He sat in the passenger seat with his head in my lap looking at me with his sad little puppy dog eyes the whole way back to the pound. (We did try finding him another home, but really felt like he was not ok) I got him out of the car, barely, just to find out that they weren't taking dogs until about 3 hours from then and for me to come back. REALLY? I was not a happy camper. I couldn't still have him when the kids got home. So, I picked up Jacob and Steve got off work and met me at home so he was there when the kids got home as I was just leaving again for the pound. This cute little puppy had gotten big and I had to wait in a line full of other dogs that weren't wanted for some reason, while Duke was freaking out. I finally was able to do the hand off. And he was gone. I even paid them to take him back. Such an awful experience. But one that had to be done. We are a much happier family now. Until the next family pup!!!!
She asks to say the prayer every time. And gets upset if not chosen.
Can't wait for preschool to be over, because after preschool is summer and after summer is her birthday.
Would change into 10 different outfits everyday, if I let her.
5/09
Poor Lauren gets car sick if she does anything like read or color. Well, today was no excuse. She totally threw up all over Steve's truck. You could tell Steve was trying hard to stay cool and Lauren was feeling so bad she got it all over. But she handled it all so well.
I think we have a sleep walker. I catch her walking around as I am up late decorating cakes. But she finds herself a new spot, like the couch, to lay down again like nothing ever happened.
2/10 Wants to be a Rock Star and Cow Girl
4/10 Says Michael Jackson is wierd but how does he do that Moon Walk?
Kisses the baby in Mom's stomach everynight before going to bed.
Primary Newsletter: I played with Barbies and Polly Pockets together.
Rachel
1st Grade
3rd grade
4th grade
5th grade
6th grade
7th Grade
8th Grade
4/09
New Word-"Seriously?"
Has started doing her own hair.
Loves to wear jewelry
5/09
Learned how to make friendship bracelets at Achievement Days and can't stop.
2/10
New Word - "Sweet Nibblets" (Who does that sound like?)
4/10
I think her girl hormones are starting to kick in.
Primary Newsletter: My brother, Ethan, went to Sea World with choir in the 5th grade.
Matthew
1st Grade
3rd grade
4th grade
5th grade
6th grade
7th Grade
8th Grade
4/09
Came home from school with a huge hole in the bottom of his backpack.
Caught a bird in our front yard!
Loves to kiss his mom.
6/09
Matthew bore his testimony for the first time in Sacrament Meeting today. He was all smiles until he got up to the podium. But did a great job.
Used his mom's leg razor in the shower to shave a "cool" design in the side of his head.
2/10
Loves to give mom a big hug while lying in bed and doesn't let go so I have to tickle him....and then still doesn't let go.
4/10
Was shooting his nerf gun and made a basket in the light fixture on the fan. He also accidently shot himself in the eye while loading it. Scary! But a good lesson learned with only a nerf gun.
Primary Newsletter: I went camping!!!
Ethan
4th Grade
6th grade
7th grade
8th grade
9th grade
10th grade
11th Grade
2/09
Primary Newsetter: I finally got a pocket knife!
4/09
Tech Deck Maniac!
Got first job pulling neighbors weeds, $5 a week.
Won't hold Mom's hand, but will let her put her arm around his shoulders.
6/09
Won't read but loves building model airplanes.
8/09
Slept outside all by himself in his new tent and sleeping bag.
9/09 First Crush - Taylor
2/10
Sitting around the dinner table Sunday afternoon and proceeds to aske everyone what they learned in Sunday School.
3/10 Second Crush - Reagan
4/10 Wants a pet dog so bad, that no matter how bad his allergies get, he won't admit it.
No comments:
Post a Comment