Friday, March 8, 2013

The Wedding Cake (rebecca & scott)

This is probably the best atmosphere I have ever baked a wedding cake in. Not only was it beautiful, but it was quiet and people free, it had an overabundance of counterspace and a double oven. I have baked cakes in my own home with kids all around, I have baked a cake in a small basement apartment of a gracious brother-in-law, I have baked a cake using two different ovens at two different locations and then finished in a small kitchen of a stranger to me. I have also baked a wedding cake in my sweet brother's teeny tiny kitchen that had about 2 feet of counter space a little table that we locked the wings up and it still shook. This was a very pleasant experience and the owners of the home just let me have total control of their kitchen and were also such great host.  I also didn't have to transport it to the reception as it was already there.  And I am pretty sure the cake tasted good.  Rebecca picked chocolate cake with raspberry filling and white cake with pineapple filling.     

No comments: