Well, here we are in Bakersfield, California.
Who would have ever thought. Bakersfield is bigger than I thought it would be but still has a very nice small town feel. We spent a week here looking for houses. I'm not sure how many houses I looked at and of all kinds. Coming from a pretty good size house in Katy, Texas to a house in our price range here in Bakersfield was a big task. We had lunch one day with a member of the church, Allen Luthi, who also works for Oxy, and his wife Liesl. We ended up looking in their neighborhood and on our last day here found a house under construction that we liked and were able to make plans for a pool. It is at the end of a culdesac and I think the schools will be good. Our realtor, Lynne Wright, helped us out a lot and seemed to be pretty patient with us.
8 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment