Saturday, September 12, 2009

BlowOut!

Three hours after Steve left for a "boys only" trip to Jicarita Peak, New Mexico with MY Dad and brothers. We had about a 10 minute storm come through. We were out front trying to wind surf on the skateboard when I heard a big crash noise. I walked around to the side of my house and found this:




The side door to the garage was open and the wind was so strong it whipped in through the little door and pushed the garage door out. AMAZING!

With the spring loaded garage door opener all twisted up, it was a little dangerous and my car was still in the garage. My good neighbor and his friend kindly took the door down for me. But then what do you do? My garage was wide open.
I thought I was going to have to buy a brand new garage door, but luckily after a few phone calls and a couple guys coming to look at it, it was just repaired. It did have to stay open overnight, but you know we tend to leave our door open alot at nights forgetting to close them. Now just to add to the story, my good neighbor (secret service man) called the neighborhood police who patrol the area now and then and asked them to keep an eye out on our place. Great! So the next day the police officer stopped by to make sure everything was okay and as I was talking to him I broke down in tears. HELLO!
I think I just a little stressed. I was also so grateful for everyone's concern for us. I had two more visitors. One was my VT who brought me some delicious banana bread and then my cousin Amber brought over some beautiful flowers to say thank you for watching her son. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!


No comments: