Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Parties

I tried to make Valentine's Day as special as I could. It was on a Sunday, so I think that helped. I made Crepes for breakfast, which is a real treat around here. We like to put sugar and lemon juice or whipped cream, pudding and bananas or homemade jam. I also had strawberry milk and chocolate dipped strawberries, neither of which were big hits with this crowd. The beautiful red flower in a tall vase full of red hots and a cute valentine bow wrapped around it was made by me at a fun craft night with some girlfriends I have made here in Bakersfield.



We also have a red mailbox we bring out on Valentine's Day to write sweet notes to each other. Here is what was said:

Ethan is the best brother ever.
You're Cute Lauren.
I love you, Mom.
I love you, Ethan.
I love you, Dad.
Mom, you're an angel.
Dear Mom, I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day.
I love you, Lauren!
I love you, Matthew!
Dad, you're a great cook. Thank You!
Thank you Ethan for helping Matthew with his tie and hair this morning.
Thank you Rachel for letting Rachel wear you necklace.
Thank you Lauren for telling me I was beautiful.
Thank you Matthew for the wonderful Valentine Card and coupons and Ethan for helping.
I love my Family.
To my wife and kids-I love you!

I was able to attend part of Matthew's school party and met some of his new friends. He is fitting in just fine. One of these little boys lives right down the street from us.
I helped in Lauren's class a little. It is just fun to be there with her. I think she is adjusting well. But not after a few tears now and then because she really misses her friends in Katy. This is a picture of one of my new great friends here. Not only does she live around the corner, we go to church together, our kids are all the same age (almost exactly), she is a couponer and tons of fun. We get along great. Her youngest and Lauren are in the same class.



1 comment:

Memzy said...

Yay!! I love being a part of your posts now since I read them all the time.