Wednesday, June 16, 2010

IT'S A BOY!!!!!

After working out harder than I have been in a long time and still gaining weight. I began to wonder if I was sick, if I had some kind of tumor. I had also been so busy trying to get us settled in to our new home and having fun decorating, organizing and getting rid of things we didn't need, when all of a sudden I just had no more energy. Well, duh!!!!! I went to bed one night thinking, what if I am pregnant. So just to make sure I WASN'T I took a test and then another test and SURPRISE!!!!! That tumor is our baby #5.
Here is my first ultrasound in April. I HAD to have it for proof that there really was a baby and that it was only one baby. I wasn't a believer then.


Here he is as of now, June 16, 2010. According to the technician, weighing in at 9oz. and 12 in. long. I am now a believer. Isn't he cute? The whole family was there for the ultrasound to see the baby and to find out if it was a boy or a girl. Even though everyone had their different votes, they were all excited to see their new baby brother. It was fun having them all there.

And proof that we really are having a BOY!

He is due November 10.

Once Steve and I were a little more adjusted to the idea of having another baby we told the kids. I was little nervous about what their reaction might be. We sat them all down and told them we had a surprise or a gift for them and gave them each a pair of baby booties wrapped up. They opened them up and it seriously took them at least 5 minutes to figure out what this was all about. And again to my SURPRISE, they were all excited and immediately started thinking of names and wondering where the baby was going to sleep.

We are excited for the joy this baby is going to bring into our home.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Congradulations! How exciting to have another boy (I am a partial to little boys myself:) since that is all I have) I think it is great that the kids are so excited too

Marci said...

Congrats!!! So, the tie is broken now :-)! I can't wait to see him and find out what you are naming him!

Marti said...

Are you still using the boy name that you told me earlier? I'm excited for your family!!

Blessed Mama! said...

Horay!!!!

Cath and co. said...

So exciting to know for sure!! I am so happy for you guys. What a lucky little guy! :) LY

Blessed Mama! said...

Congratulations! Another beautiful Spendlove! How wonderful! Can't wait to see him!!!!!

Love your cousin, Linda