Saturday, June 5, 2010

Roadrunners Swim Meet #1 Wasco

Well, my camera is still broken and Rachel's camera hasn't been taking good pictures for me, but this is what we have for their first swim meet here in Bakersfield. As with everything else, things are just different. Swim Team was no exception. I am not even going to try and explain all the differences but I am having a harder time adjusting to this one. Overall I am sure it will be great. We joined a new team that is being formed through California State University Bakersfield's swim team.

Anyway, EM&R are able to register for 3 strokes and then they were put on a relay if chosen for each meet. The swim meets are huge here. I don't know how many other teams we swam against. They award the 1-3 with medals and then 4-10 with ribbons. But they take all the times of every swimmer in that age group, not just the heat you are swimming in. So placing is even a bigger deal.

After missing an event and then 2 DQ's, the Spendlove family came home with:

Ethan-1st place in the 50 Breakstroke @ 43.10,

Matthew-4th place in the 50 Breaststroke @ 55.19 & 8th place in the 50 Freestyle @45.78 and Rachel-6th place in the 50 Butterfly @ 54.31.



I should also say that this is the first year they have swam 50 yards. Way to go Team Spendlove!! Let's see how their times progress throughout this summer.


The twins before their freestyle relay.
Ethan ending up WAY ahead on his backstroke, but was DQ'd on his turn.

Matthew taking his place on the block.



1 comment:

Spendy said...

Do they have any meets in July? I would love to go to one if it works out! I love that they are swimmers!! :)