Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Julianna's Bridal Shower @ Linda's

I didn't have a picture of Julianna at the shower so I snagged this picture from her wedding. Isn't she beautiful!

It has been great living in California for many reasons. One is that I get to spend time with family I haven't seen much in a long time. It was fun to get invited to my 2nd cousin's bridal shower and it was at my cousin Linda's house.

On my way down to Simi Valley I stopped in Burbank to visit my Grandma and I took her shopping for a new black skirt of church. We didn't have much luck. We found one that was perfect except it was $99. I told her we should keep looking. Also, while in the Burbank mall, I felt my first earthquake this time around in California. We were in the dressing room when I felt it. I don't think Grandma even noticed. But when I walked out and the salesladies, they said that the mall was on wheels and you feel it move all the time, so it wasn't an earthquake. Well, just a few seconds later Steve called and asked if had felt the earthquake. Someone in his office was on the phone with someelse that was in the Burbank area and said they just had an earthquake. So I wasn't just feeling the mall move on it's wheels. It wasn't a big earthquake but an earthquake nonetheless.

I said goodbye to Grandma and headed to the bridal shower. Linda, the host, is turning into quite the cookie decorator. You should check out her cookie blog. She made wedding dress cookies for the shower and we each go to decorate one or two. It was fun. Then Julianna chose her favorite and that person won a prize. I actually won a prize, some yummy chocolates, for winning a guessing game. Unbelievable. There was also some of the best bridal shower food ever. Linda and Susie made some delicious quiche, a great green salad and the best crab salad. I had fun eating and really enjoyed visiting with my cousins.

Susie & Me

1 comment:

Blessed Mama! said...

Wow! It's been a bit since I've blogged. You are so sweet!! Can't tell you how much I enjoy you! Love you! Linda