Like every trip, our days were full. We arrived just in time for the brief wedding rehearsal at Memory Grove. We also went to the family BBQ in honor of Ryan and Madelyn. It was great to meet her family and to see Ryan and Madelyn together. I was in charge of the wedding cake. So Wednesday night, I went with Ryan to go shopping for the ingredients and I started some of the baking in his ginormous kitchen. Let me just say that if I can make a wedding cake in his kitchen, I can make a wedding cake anywhere. Actually, the best part was having my parents and brothers around to entertain me while working on the cake. And I think it turned out pretty ok. The Cannon Crew also went to Uncle Ab's burger shop, "Ab's Drive In" for some good burgers and fries and great shakes. We also went to Uncle Ab's and Aunt Dot's home for a little walk down memory lane. Things like the smell, tablecloths, rope swings and all the nick knacks helped bring those memories back to life. I remember a big family reunion we had here as a child and driving from Texas in the back of a little Toyota truck with just a shell on the back. The things we do to be with family. AND thank goodness we can.






No comments:
Post a Comment