Friday, June 6, 2008

Locks of Love








We finally did it. After months of trying to convince Rachel she needed a haircut and that someone else would greatly appreciate her locks of love, she agreed. In fact, once SHE decided to cut her hair, she couldn't wait. I was hoping mine would be long enough so we could both donate our hair and because I don't know that I could ever let my hair get this long again, but it wasn't. I also wasn't brave enough to get my hair cut that short. Rachel had her first salon haircut. It was fun to go together. I could see her in the mirror getting her haircut as I was getting my haircut. I was a little nervous because she didn't want it to be as short as it was. But she LOVES it. She can't stop looking in the mirror. I think she looks adorable. We arefilling out her Locks of Love form and getting ready to mail her ponytail. I think this is a great service opportunity for every little girl to be able to do. http://www.locksoflove.org/

5 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Tell her I said way to go and I think it's so cute, too!

San Diego Spendloves said...

You girls look adorable. That was a wonderful service to do for someone else. I love you, Grandma

Blarney Girl said...

That's so awesome!! What a selfless act of service. And the new Do's look great!! :-)

Colette said...

Wow-so much hair to donate-what a blessing! Cute hair-just in time for all the hot weather!

Sarah said...

Cute hair ladies. Just in time for Rachel's swim season and the summer heat. Great service idea too.