Monday, September 8, 2008

Memory Lane Monday-My Time with the Young Women

{I wrote this post over a week ago and had it scheduled to be posted today. It, however, has some pretty good timing. I was sustained yesterday in Stake Conference as the Stake Young Women's Secretary. So I am back in Young Womens. Woo Hooooooo! I'll write more on this later} Here is my post:

I loved working with the young women in our ward. And will always remember the great memories and the wonderful girls I grew to love. These youth are truly amazing. I have worked in Young Women's in three different wards. Sometime I will have to post some pictures from each one. But my most favorite youth theme and now one of my favorite scriptures is "Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; than shall they confidence wax strong in the presence of God." D&C 121:45

Jello Twister

Nursing Home Visit

Swim Party

Volleyball Tournament

Young Women Leaders

MiaMaid Photo Shoot

Birthday Breakfast

Unity Activity

Silver Hanger Field Trip (modest prom dresses)

Cookie Making Service Project

5 comments:

Marci said...

I totally wan't paying attention when they announced that yesterday (or maybe I was dealing with one of the girls). Congrats! How fun :-)!!!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Lucky you! I served in the stake YW in California and I really miss it. So is Jen in the YW's now? I feel so out of touch with the Katy wards now.

Heather said...

I think YW is a good calling for you :) I am a little biased, though.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that you are back! You are so good with the YW. The girls have grown up so much from when these pics were taken. Amazing!

Louise said...

Congratulations Melissa. I know you enjoy working with the YW and you will be a great stake leader. What about Cub Scouts now?