Saturday, February 21, 2009

San Antonio Fun

We were able to spend some time out at the Lake House with Grandma & Grandpa and Kari's Mom, Julianne. The kids love it out there and Scott & Kari are always so gracious in letting us come. Scott got a new telescope. He said it was bigger than the big one he already and he wasn't kidding. I am not an astrologer, but it was fun having someone else spot everything for me to see through the telescope. That day and night we were able to see different planets, the moon, Venus, Orion's nebula, the seven-sisters, the sun through a special filter, the big & little dipper, and a few others.




Matthew & Mitchell were never bored. They found this ship wheel and where able to use their imaginations.
Then they played a little Mad Lib and yet their imaginations are still going. And yet their imaginations are still going when it comes to break dancing.

Ethan and Uncle Scott could fish all day if they could. Uncle Scott was a little jealous when Ethan caught this Bass, so jealous that he fished a little longer than usual.
Lauren found her spot and colored all afternoon.

Rachel went with Kari & Julianne to watch Emily's basketball game. Grandpa rested. Grandma and I relaxed and read our books. I was reading Mormon Scientist, by Henry J. Eyring. {good book}. And Steve just enjoyed being there.


After everyone was there, Julianne and I stayed behind to help with dinner and because it was a little too cold for us, while the others took Grandma & Grandpa out on the boat. Steve made sure he brought back some pictures for me.






I am not quite sure how you can fall asleep on a speeding boat in super cold weather.


We stayed through Sunday and were able to attend their ward conference. I caught these pictures of Lauren right after church. She was posing and I couldn't help it.



It is always fun to see what kids take pictures of. Someone got a hold of the camera on the ride home and this is what I found. We brought Grandma & Grandpa home with us so we could spend some time with them before they had to go back home to California. So the older kids all sat in the back, which is a rare occurrence that sometimes goes good and sometimes goes bad. This ride was a little bit of both.



No comments: