Friday, April 24, 2009

The Infamous Field Trip


I will never forget this field trip and I didn't even go. It was one of those unforgettable embarrassing moments in a busy mother's life.

I got Lauren all ready to go on her field trip with her school shirt, special packed lunch, sunscreen and was on time, to find out that the field trip wasn't on Tuesday it was on Thursday.

So Thursday, I got Lauren all ready to go on her field trip with her school shirt, special packed lunch, sunscreen and was on time, to find out that the field trip wasn't this Thursday it was next Thursday.

So the next Thursday, I got Lauren all ready to go on her field trip with her school shirt, special packed lunch, sunscreen and was on time, to find out that the field trip really was TODAY.

So almost three days in a row of Lauren wearing her orange school shirt and me looking like I have totally lost my mind, ALL so she could have fun with her friends and so I could have these fun pictures that another mom gave me. (Only 2 parents per class were allowed to chaperon this trip, I was a little bummed. Yet, it looks like I was too busy to go anyway.)

Poor Lauren didn't believe she was ever really going on a field trip.
DEWBERRY FARM


Matthew, Lauren & Sophia after lunch.

Ella & Lauren on the Hayride.

She looks amazed.

Pumping water to wash the rubber duckies away.


Apparently, all the other kids went down this slide by themselves but Lauren needed a little help. This mom looks like she didn't seem to mind. Lauren calls it the bumpy slide. It was like a farmer's conveyer belt made with rollers.

Lauren driving a tractor, Yikes. Watch Out! She's not even watching the rode.

No comments: