Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day Finds

First, my beautiful children found me and showered me with some lovely homemade gifts and cards. Matthew & Rachel made these flower vases at school and succeeded in keeping them hidden from me until today. I knew Matthew's was hidden in his closet but I have no idea where Rachel kept hers. Rachel also spent a lot of time on the computer typing me a sweet message to put in her card. Steve and Ethan prepared Breaded Stuffed Chicken Breast w/feta cheese, spinach and Italian Bacon, YUM YUM and pasta salad, bread and Brownies with frosting. He always goes all out on my Mother's Day Dinner. I don't know if he is really trying to please me or himself, since I never cook such involved meals. But for whatever reason, it is always yummy!!!






Second, I was cleaning out my closet the other day and I came across quite a few things. But thought this one to be extra special since Mother's Day was coming up and it was from my oldest.


M akes my day swell.

O n time to everything.

T alks about stuff with me.

H elps we a lot.

E than is her son.

R ich in Spirit.


Happy Mother's Day

Love,

Ethan


Third, I found this on Kathy and Marci's blog and had to be a copycat. And I thought it was appropriate for MY day.
AND I also want to wish all the Special Mom's in my life a Happy Mother's Day!

What is something mom always says to you?
E: "Quit it"
M: "Don't Hit"
R: "Rach"
L: "Be Nice"

What makes mom happy?
E: I want to think of something funny....When I do my chores.
M: Kissing Dad
R: When we clean
L: Hugs & Kisses

What makes mom sad?
E: When I found your keys, you were happy sad. (Long story, but it was an answer to our prayers)
M: Getting in trouble
R: When we be disrespectful
L: Calling bad words.

How does your mom make you laugh? 
E: She tickles me.
M: Singing
R: By saying funny things.
L: Be funny.

What was your mom like as a child? 
E: I don't know...you had a dog and a bunch of animals.
M: a girl
R: Harder, because back then you didn't have electricity.
L: Ella. {This is a little girl that Lauren goes to church, school and plays with}

How old is your mom?
E: 38
M: 50 lol
R: 36 or 37
L: Really old.

How tall is your mom?
E: 5.9
M: 6 feet
R: 8 Feet
L: 17 lbs.



What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?E: Extreme Makeover
M: Cooking shows
R: American Idol
L: American Idol

What does your mom do when you're not around?
E: Makes Cakes
M: Shop
R: Play with Lauren
L: Clean up the house.

If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
E: Being the best cake decorator
M: Cooking
R: Cakes
L: For being nice.

What is your mom really good at?
E: You are very good at grossing us out by kissing Dad.
M: Talking
R: I wish I could say the splits... cleaning
L: Making cakes & Fixing stuff.

What is your mom not very good at?
E: Figuring our 5th grade questions
M: Changing diapers lol
R: Doing the splits now.
L: Messing up.

What does your mom do for her job?
E: Making cakes, cleaning house and being a mom
M: It's your job to shop. (Matthew hates to shop)
R: Bake
L: Makes cakes.

What is your mom's favorite food?
E: BBQ Pizza
M: TWIX
R: Okay, wait, wait, wait a second....CHOCOLATE!
L: Food that my froggy likes. (She fed her Webkinz Frog Asparagus}

What makes you proud of your mom?
E: That you are blogging this. lol
M: She earns money.
R: That you can make really good cakes and you can clean up really fast.
L: Giving me hugs & kisses.

If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
E: Tweety Bird
M: Sponge Bob Square Pants. lol
R: Paula Abdul
L: Melissa. I like you to be Dora.

What do you and your mom do together?
E: make dinner and breakfast
M: Talk
R: We clean together.
L: Give Hugs & Kisses.

How are you and your mom the same?
E: We both have blue eyes and we both like animals.
M: We're related.
R: We both have blue eyes and freckles.
L: Paint same toenails and fingernails.

How are you and your mom different?
E: You are a girl and I am a boy.
M: She's a girl.
R: You have grey hair. lol
L: Different clothes on.

How do you know your mom loves you?
E: You take us camping.
M: She buys stuff for us and cares for us.
R: Because you do stuff for us.
L: Because she is the mom and because she is the boss.

What does your mom like most about your dad?
E: His "fix-ability."
M: He's your husband.
R: That he is funny.
L: Giving kisses on the lips and hugs.

Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
E: Home
M: Chili's
R: Church
L: Target

1 comment:

Spendy said...

Um, the kid interviews were HILARIOUS! Knowing your kids and their personalities, I could have guessed which answer belonged to which kid! My personal favorite? Lauren things you're 17lbs tall. Love it!