I have decided to not start up my cake business here in Bakersfield for many reasons. I think I know now why I really am not starting it up again. I am getting a little nervous about my baking skills. I tried to make a carrot cake for my Grandma's 90th birthday party and they totally flopped and I mean literally all over my ovens. Then I tried to make some banana bread and chocolate chocolate cookies for the Boy Scout Hawaiian dinner/baked goods auction fundraiser. The bread was burned on the outside and raw in the middle. The cookies were way too crispy, not like I like them. I have also tried my favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and they weren't right either.
So it has got to be the oven, right? or the altitude? Surely not me?
So it has got to be the oven, right? or the altitude? Surely not me?
So my SNL, Lisa, came for a visit and we had the privilege of her making us some of her famous and OH SO YUMMY chocolate chip cookies and GUESS WHAT? They didn't turn out like they usually do. Don't get me wrong, they were still delicious, but I am feeling better knowing that it is not me with the baking issues.







1 comment:
It HAS to be the oven...I don't think you could mess up any baked good!
Post a Comment