Saturday, June 12, 2010

Los Angeles Temple Trip

So some things were cancelled for the weekend and all of a sudden we had a free weekend and I wanted to head down to the Los Angeles Temple and experience the whole temple apartment "thing". I don't really know why, but we experienced it. Steve said it felt like he was back in the MTC and thought they must have been built around the same time. Anyway, Steve and I enjoyed our session.

The Los Angeles temple is much bigger than the Houston temple. I never thought I would miss that particular temple but it has been OUR temple for the last 12 years. I liked how small it was and that there were always the same familiar older faces to greet you. I also miss the temple mints, aka white tic tacs. However, Steve and I were married in the Los Angeles temple and it is beautiful and spectacular in it's own grand way. How blessed we are.


We took the kids for a nice walk around the temple grounds. It was a Saturday morning so we were able to see many wedding couples. There were lots and of ooohs and aaahs from my girls as we watched the brides in their gorgeous white dresses and there bridesmaids walking around.


Here is our photo session on the temple grounds. There were many many more pictures of Lauren and she wanted to pose by EVERYTHING.

This is our first picture. It is monument dedicated to the family. Just thought it was the perfect family, just like us. Two boys and two girls and a little baby. At the time we didn't know what we were having but it all worked so each of the kids stood by their counterpart for the picture.









1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cute photos of the kids on the temple grounds. I'm glad they got to go and walk around it with you guys. And hopefully the visitor's center will open up soon.