Sunday, August 3, 2008

Spiritual Thought Sunday


My Relief Society lesson today was a message from our RS presidency. We have a brand new presidency with lots of new ideas and of course goals. Our lesson was mostly on Gossip. I have to admit at first I felt like I was back in Young Womens with the way this lesson was going. I feel like I do pretty good in that department. Especially when it comes to talking about other women, though I had to learn that lesson the hard way when I was younger. My weakness in this department is talking about my own children. I want them to be so "perfect" that I tend to talk about their faults a lot. I don't talk about them to my children but to other moms. I think I am just looking for sympathy or some advice. I realize that a little is okay, but after this lesson I have set a goal to also talk much more positively to others about my children. After all, just like any woman, they wouldn't want to hear bad things said about them.
Well, I came away with a good feeling and am thankful for inspiration that our new presidency has.

No comments: