Monday, May 17, 2010

Oxnard Strawberry Festival

One of the sweetest treasures of the Golden State, the California Strawberry Festival began in 1984 in salute to the rich agricultural industry that etches Oxnard’s coastal landscape with the tasty fruit that’s hard to resist. Strawberries are the prized harvest in Ventura County where 11,538 acres produce more than 27 percent of the state’s supply with peak season production of 10 million pint baskets shipped worldwide daily. Oxnard Strawberry Festival


SOOOOO, this has been happening for 25 years and this is the first time any of these Spendloves have ever been. And now we can all say we have been there and done that. It definitely was a big deal. We had to be shuttled in on buses. And the food was GREAT! I can't believe I don't have any pictures of the the Strawberry Smoothies, Strawberry Lemonade, the Strawberry Pizza or THE Strawberry Shortcake we all devoured. There was an entry fee but all the rides were free once you entered. So of course the kids had fun while the adults enjoyed waiting in the extra loooong, I mean looooovely lines. And also it is always more fun when you can spend this time with family. We had a great weekend together ending with nothing but the best Tri Tip Dinner at Grandma & Grandpa Spendlove's Sunday evening.

















The girls even had harp lessons while at the festival.
Matthew helping out with baby Benson.
Ethan's favorite pasttime at G&G's house, catching lizards. I'll have to get a picture of his lasso next time.





No comments: