
I just loved this movie. You have to see it with a bunch of girls, it wouldn't have been the same with my husband, who has actually seen the real musical in Chicago, I love you, sweetie. It makes you want to get up and dance, sing out loud, laugh out loud, go home and jump on your bed and just loosen up a little bit about life. Even if James Bond is singing and Meryl Streep is dancing like she is 21 again.
Another thing I love about this movie is that I only paid $6 instead of $9. I told the guy at the ticket window that I needed one senior ticket, while I was totally laughing, and assumed he charged me the full price. Well, I was just checking my bank statement and he charged me the senior ticket price. Thanks Dude!
And who doesn't love ABBA. It reminded me of a great night I had on the Royal Caribbean, Majesty of the Seas ship on our cruise to the Bahamas with the ladies in the family. There was a "cruise ship show" dedicated to ABBA and as much as I just wanted to laugh at them, mostly at what they were wearing, I really loved every minute of it. So, thumbs up for MaMa Mia.
Thanks Ladies or shall I say, "Darlin's" for a great GNO. And who is up for an ABBA karaoke night?
Check out my MaMa Mia Playlist below!






2 comments:
When Jason saw the previews for this (and how excited I looked about seeing it), he pretty much made it clear that there was no way he was going to see it with me! My sister in law went to see it last weekend and hasn't stopped talking about it since! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Melissa... if you loved this movie, you will LOVE seeing the musical. I saw it a few years ago in Vegas and LOVED it. And that's exactly why I went to see it in the theaters today.
I must admit, however, I was disappointed, simply because this is not the rendition I want on DVD. :( Meryl Strep and Pierce Bronson were SOOOOO miscast, it was comical. My friend and I were laughing, hysterically, at parts that weren't supposed to be funny. BUT, I loved that it was filmed in Greece, so there was so much more to watch than a boring propped stage.
... side note: way to go, me! I'm your top commenter! ;)
Post a Comment