But we did pull out the big grocery bag of beads and got creative. Everyone spent hours making bracelets and necklaces, just to make them. It is fun to see each kids different styles.
Matthew's Creations - I think he was determined to use all of the beads.

We also got a new pet. Ethan bought himself a hermit crab. He actually spent some of his own money, that he has been saving for a year now. The crab still doesn't have a name, but it helps Ethan feel fulfilled or not so deprived, since we don't have a "real" pet.
You will also notice that I gave the boys a haircut. In the summer I usually shave their heads with a 2, even though Steve doesn't like it. Well, Ethan wanted it even shorter than that, but I wouldn't do it. So after I cut his hair, he decided to make it shorter as if you could get much shorter. He took the clippers and started with the point on his forehead. Needless to say, I had to do his whole head with a 1.

Ethan also celebrated his birthday a little early with his friends this week, but I will tell about that later.
And I took Rachel and Lauren in for their yearly checkup. They are doing fine, however we found out that Rachel had Strep. She probably stays the most healthy out of all our kids. She is consistant with her hand washing, but when she gets sick it is usually Strep. Lovely!
We were also able to spend a day at the pool. My friend, Cathy, let us use her pool pass so we got to go to the COOL pool not our boring pool. The boys spent most of their time jumping off the diving boards and the going down the slides. They mentioned some big boys that were jumping off the diving board that were swearing and were surprised that the lifeguard didn't do anything about it. Rachel made her way around to everything. I felt so bad for her not having a buddy, because I had to be with Lauren the whole time on the Froggy Slide, which she just loved. I would see Rachel sometimes swimming all by herself and told myself to make sure next time we bring a friend along for her.






Steve and I were also able to get a datenight this week. We had a free Friday night and a babysitter was found on the first phone call. We went out with some friends to this great Tai restaurant and after we stuffed ourselves we went to see the new Batman. It was a little long and probably pretty violent but I still thought it was a good movie.
We had planned on going to the beach this Saturday, but after mowing the lawn and having spent the day before at the pool, the kids weren't that excited about it. So, we decided to do something close to home and cool, since the temperature was 99. We had a blast. Ethan decided he didn't like bowling, only because he felt he wasn't good at it. Matthew just tried his hardest and had fun. Rachel held her own and was really proud of herself. Lauren was just cute as ever. Steve beat us all and had to make sure we all new his highest bowling score ever was a 210 and the most possible is a 300. I am not a bowler but had fun anyway. Here are some pictures to prove it.












So our week wasn't as boring as I thought it was.
PS. We just ordered a new camera and I am so excited to be able to post some better pictures.






3 comments:
What Thai restaurant did you go to? That is one of our favorite pools - we love tagging along with our Cinco friends :-). You'll have to post some info about your camera when you get it, I'm always curious what options there are out there.
Melissa, you are the coolest Mom! Glad you had a fun and exciting summer!
Okay, I'm tired just READING about your "boring summer week"! I'm impressed with how much you did in one week!
Post a Comment