Friday, June 5, 2009

Ethan's Elementary Graduation

Class of 2009 consisted of about 250 5th graders. And yes, they all walked, after everyone was recognized for ALL the awards earned throughout the year. It was a nice ceremony and we are very proud of Ethan and his hard work. He is excited to be done with Elementary School. However, I am not quite sure I am looking forward to or at all ready for Junior High. My little boy is entering the next big step in his life, Junior High. Yikes!!!


Ethan received a few awards - Participation in Student Council, Citizenship (all S's all year), "a-B" Honor Roll, Rockin Rhino Effort Award, Accelerated Reader Award, Texas Bluebonnet Reader Award, Participation in Rockin Rhino Choir, Physical Education Ward (Top boy in Class -Push Up Test 32) and Service Award for Safety Patrol.


The one we are most proud of is his President's Education Award, which was awarded to those who excelled on the TAKS (Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills)test. He also received a gold pin.This is what the letter said that came with it.


THE WHITE HOUSE
Washington
February 27, 2009
I am delighted to join your family, friends, and community in congratulating you on receiving the President's Education Award. By earning this honor, you have shown a deep personal commitment to educational excellence and I commend you for your hard work.

Nothing is more important to our Nation's long-term success than education our future leaders. Your commitment to learning will help you meet the educational and professional demands in your future and will help lead American to a better day.

I am confident that you will build on this achievement as you strive for even higher goals in the future. I wish you all the best for continued success in the years ahead.

Signed,
Barack Obama
Ethan & Ms. Mateer
Little Sister having to sit through another ceremony. She has been a trooper/great support!

1 comment:

San Diego Spendloves said...

Awesome job on going out of Elementary School well decorated (lots of honor and awards). Hope you love your next school.