Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy 40th Steve!

Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...




Steve's 40th birthday came at a crazy time in our lives, but at a good time of our lives. Steve just got a new job and we were getting ready to move to California and trying to enjoy the Christmas Season.

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! I was able to keep it a SURPRISE! We have some wonderful friends that hosted the party for us (Curtis & Cathy, Thank You) , some that brought some food (Thank you Emily & Cathy), some that brought the best balloons (Thank You Jennifer & Brian), some that helped decorate (Thank You Emily for putting the banner together and the picture board) and some that actually showed up on an evening where the roads were extra icy (Thank you everyone for coming!).

Steve was back in town just for the weekend, about a week and a half before his birthday. He started working in California the beginning of November. So on Friday, December 4th, we "planned" an evening out with a few couples as a farewell dinner. The Jones' were going to pick us up and then we were all going to head to the Turner's to pick them up and go out to eat. Well, the Jones' were running "late". So Steve and I just met them AND everyone else at the Turner's. Even after everyone yelled SURPRISE!, I still don't think Steve really knew what was going on.

But it was a great evening spent with friends celebrating Steve's BIG 40.
Happy Birthday Sweetie. I hope it was good one. And I hope you know how much I love you no matter how old you are. Thanks for being so wonderful.






Chris & Heather Duke (Long time friends from Texas A&M)

Elaine Metcalf & Larry (friends from work)

Chris, Steve & Chris (Elder's Quorum Presidency at one time)Scott & Lori Adelman (Westlake & the BEST basketball coach)

Rob & Suzanne Orton (Wesltake & BYU Married Ward, )
Jennifer & Brian Tuckett (The Best neighbors EVER!!!)

Sarah & Darrell deGraaf (Katy 2nd & Best YW leader)
Randy & Gwen Anderson (Westlake & our Former Bishop)Mike & Amber Brunson (Cousins, Neighbors & Katy 2nd)

Jackie & Chris Hatfield (Katy 2nd & such a fun couple)Richard & Susan Combs (Katy 2nd & what would we do without them)

Chris & Kathy Holt (Katy 2nd & Chainsaw Master)

While Steve was socializing so was I. Here are some pictures of me and some of my good friends that I was sad to leave.

Emily, Cathy & Me

Me, Lori & Suzanne

Me & Jennifer
Amber & Me

No comments: