Sunday, October 5, 2008

My 20th High School Reunion

It has taken me a while to write about this because I have some really mixed emotions about the whole event.


First, I can't believe I am old enough to be going to my 20th high school reunion.
Second, it's High School, and life just kept getting better after that.
Third, I never really did have much in common with the 95 other people in my graduating class.
Fourth, I just went to Steve's Reunion and had a great time and knew mine was going to be different.
Fifth, I was going to miss the Relief Society Session of Conference, which I always enjoy.
Sixth, I was excited to see everyone again.
Seventh, I wanted to see if there were any other LDS connections.
Eighth, What was I going to wear?
Ninth, I was going to be able to visit my family.
And tenth, I don't know. I just wanted to end with 10.

1. Well, I AM old enough and I am just starting to appreciate getting old and all the blessings of life that come along with it.
2. It was just like being back in high school, same cliques, BYOB, not many people have left the great town of Decatur.
3. I was able to find lots to talk about with friends I haven't seen or talked to in 20 years.
4. It was different than Steve's reunion. But what do you expect from Southern California to Northern Texas.
5. I just watched the Relief Society Conference last night and still enjoyed every bit of it.
6. I had some great surprises meeting people again. There were just a few that I couldn't recognize. I think I have fulfilled the need to ever go to a reunion again. I only took one picture, the rest are from someone else.
7. I did have a small missionary moment. A friend had remembered that I was LDS and talked a lot about some great friends they had in DC that were LDS and the relationship and respect they had for them. That was my feel good moment.
8. What to wear? Oh, whatever. You can get away with wearing just about anything anywhere.
9. Like always I had a great time with my family.
10. Overall, I am glad I went, a little disappointed and very grateful for the life I have been blessed with.


Here we are on our way...
This is the only picture I took
I borrowed these pictures






1 comment:

Louise said...

I love class reunions :) I have been to all of mine except one and I was ready to deliver Stuart. If you can't believe you're old enough to go to a 20 year class reunion, wait until you attend your 50th. You really won't believe you are old enough for your 50th. I think this one was the best one. We've all grown up, no more competition, we just appreciate each other for what we have accomplished in our lives and that we are still alive. We have
lost quite a few class members. So go to more Melissa and treasure them all. Love from your Mother-in-law.