Friday, October 10, 2008

My Pink Envelope!


My Pink Envelope is finally here. It as supposed to be mailed on September 15, no worries, I've just been waiting patiently. You may have noticed my Pink Christmas button over there on the side. I made my donation to participate in a good cause and it is turning out to be really exciting for me. I know, it sounds selfish.

But the money that has been donated to Pink Christmas is going to help a family of 6 from West Africa have a better Christmas, I can't say more than that because it is a surprise.

Money has also been donated to Nie Nie Recovery, if you are a true blogger you will know all about this.

And Pink Christmas also made a donation to Morrow's Tomorrows.

I am feeling a little bit better now after typing that. But I am still excited about my pink envelope. It was full of all kinds of goodies and discounts from various talented women, like vinyl lettering samples, magnets, beaded bookmarks and more (you can go here to see a list of all the sponsors and the fun stuff they create.)and I received the name and information of the secret "girlfriend" I get to give to this year for Christmas.

There are a few guidelines, but the most important one is that when you think of the gift to send your "girlfriend", you think about the connection we have as women and what it would be like to sit across a round table and hand it to your secret friend. The gift does not need to be expensive or take more time than you have, but to be a gift you can't wait to watch someone open and see the expression on their face.

I love to give gifts. I love making things. When I see that someone has made something, I think, "I can do that." I usually try to make the Christmas gifts I give to family and friends, putting lots of thought and time into them to make them extra meaningful. I know how the gifts that have been made for me make me feel and I hope that others feel the same. I am looking forward to putting this Pink Christmas gift together. SO, I will keep you posted. We have to have them mailed by Dec. 5 and I have to wait till Christmas morning to open mine. That is going to be the hard part for me.

2 comments:

Colette said...

That's so cute, you and your package are pink!

Louise said...

You are so cute and animated. Too bad I don't blog and I could have a pink Christmas. I'll enjoy it though you. Mom