Wednesday, July 1, 2009

OOOPS!!!

How can something so sweet and beautiful as this...

...cause so much destruction?








Lauren bought this...


...with her birthday money.

And like any little girl would do, she filled it with water in the bathroom sink; however, she got distracted with a movie and left the water running. Ethan later found her in the bathroom trying to scoop up the 3 or 4 inches of water that had accumulated in the bathroom floor all by herself. She was trying so hard to clean up her mess before anyone would notice. But it was too late. Anywhere you walked within about 15 feet of the bathroom, you were standing the flood zone.

I immediately got the wetvac and sucked up the water in the bathroom and we had every towel in the house laid out all over the carpet trying to soak up some of the water. Steve, Ethan and our friend Steffen, who came to our rescue with his wetvac too, continued to suck up as much water as they could. It was never ending....so up came the carpet and out went the soaked padding. The carpet dried nicely and we had someone come and replace the padding and lay the carpet back nicely (3 days later). This happened Friday evening and was all cleaned up Monday afternoon.
It was only after a few hundred dollars and a few hundred more grey hairs that our house was back to normal.

We love you Lauren!!!

And yes, we still think she is sweet and beautiful.

4 comments:

Marci said...

That is quite a story...one I'm sure you'll tell many times as she gets older :-). I hope I never have one like that to tell, but I won't hold my breath :-)!
(and to avoid posting a comment on every post...your kids are quite the little athletes! so fun)

Louise said...

Oh my gosh what a mess. I don't think I would have been cool, calm and collected. Just something else for you to do and added stress. It looks really nice though.

Heather said...

Oh dear. Yeah, mine did that and luckily it was discovered sooner. You really are handling it well; however, I guess you've had some time to let the idea sink in? It is so sweet that she tried to clean it up.

Jennie said...

Holy cow. I can't believe it. I think I would have died of a heart attack.