After Cousin's Camp we stayed for the weekend to enjoy the Denton Jubilee. Steve actually drove up with Kevin Dolan (a member of our ward now who was also in the Denton Stake) The Stake that I grew up in was celebrating 50 years. It was a huge production. Friday night was for adults only. They had a nice BBQ for us and then a great evening full of some entertainment and some great speakers. Sister Elaine Dalton's (General YW President)husband served his mission in Denton and was able to come and speak to us that night. And yes, of course, I made sure I got to meet her.
Amy, Scott, Steve, Me, Mom, Eric, Mandi & Ryan (my dad must have been off talking to all his friends)
Part of Decatur's spot on the timeline wall
Me and Virginia. She is my Relief Society President now in my Katy ward, but also grew up in the Denton Stake. It was neat to see her and her family there.
The Cannon Clan:
Ryan & Mom
Eric & Mandi (Yeah! I got a picture of Mandi!)
Scott & Amy
Jack & Claudia (Mom & Dad)
Saturday, started out with a stake service project, but not all of us went. Heard it was great-a lot more work than they thought. Then the youth put on a fabulous roadshow production. I wish stakes did those more often. The Cannon Clan went out to eat before we headed on over to the H20 water park that was rented out just for the Denton Jubilee. Water Park FUN!
What a good weekend. I was able to reconnect with a few old friends during the weekend and enjoyed being reminded of the history of the stake and hearing all about the long time members that I knew. You can read all about the history of the Denton Stake by reading "When the Saints Came Marching In" (A History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Denton, Texas 1958-2008. You will read about Decatur starting on page 281 which will lead you to the contribution my family had to the growth of the church in that area.
Good Memories and Lots of Strong Latter-Day Saints!
Just pictures of the kids having fun with Uncle Ryan. He came for the Jubilee too. It was good to see him.






No comments:
Post a Comment