It is a great place for the kids to really enjoy themselves in a ReAl water park.


The rocks were a little slippery in some places. It made it all the more fun and exciting.


Cailie
Isabelle
Ethan
Matthew
Next in the park was a self guided tour of this stone castle built by a doctor (that's all I remember about the history of it) that was found at the end of a long stair case.
The five of us decided to continue up the stairs to see what we could discover at the very top. We were able to get a picture of the waterfall from where we were.

First, we came upon a really cool cave that obviously was discovered before we got there, by the look of all the trash.
After our trek up the mountain, we had to trek it down. It was a little steep, but as you can see it was oh so worth. It was like entering the undiscovered water paradise. 

I liked this picture because it looks like they are standing on the edge of the waterfall. However, they are actually not that far from it. There were ropes blocking it off so you couldn't get that close, well, you could if you really wanted too.
When it came time to leave, Matthew led us up the mountain and down again on a different trail. It was a little steeper that one before but there were some great views along the way. Being the leader, Matthew didn't stop to enjoy the scenery and when he got to the bottom, thought something had happened to the rest of us and hurried on to tell Aunt Mandi something was wrong. By the time we all got to the bottom he was back and had a scared and concerned on his face. He was so worried. Mandi was not too far behind with all the other little ones. I felt so bad we scared them, but our adventure was a good one.
And this is a sign of a good day!
One more story I have to tell about this fun day...I told my kids that we would go back to the water hole after we checked out the rest of the park. So I kept my word and we all loaded back up into our cars and drove to where we could park. And I let them go by themselves across the water, around the mountain to the water hole. I told them they could go down the slide one time and then come right back. Because we had also planned to go out for dinner on our way home and it was that time. Well, a little while later Cailie and Isabelle came back without my kids. They said they were still there and wouldn't come back after one slide.
The rocks were a little slippery in some places. It made it all the more fun and exciting.
The cousin's found the water hole first and loved the not so natural super tall water slide.
Rachel
Here is that huge waterfall I remembered as a kid. We decided that I would take the older five cousin's on a hike up above the water, so not many pictures of the little ones.
And here we go on our exciting adventure.
To end our time at Turner Falls we all had an ice cream.
( I love this cute little picture of Lauren.)
Once I finally got them back after driving around and ending up leaving the park and reentering to try to see them from the road , this is what I got, " You said only one time down the slide. We were jumping off the diving board......." Needless to say, we went straight home without stopping for dinner.
It was a FuN dAy!






No comments:
Post a Comment