Thursday, July 30, 2009

Girls Camp Put on Your Armor 2009

Some 4th Years

The Awesome 4th Year Leaders: Baldwin, Spendlove, Bachrach



 Our wonderful Stake YW President-Allyson Felt
 Ivanna Abello and I


Our Super Cute Katy 2nd Ward Young Women (they used to be my girls before I was put in as Stk Secretary)


More 4th Years (Rachel Kirchner, Brooklyn Adelman, Hannah Nerdin, Paige Peterson, Aisha Graham, Brittney Bauer, Rachel Clark, Kassandra Short) I a writing this 7 years later and feel bad I can't remember everyones names.



Getting to do a little work in the kitchen

Craft time was the best because it was cool inside.(Hannah Nerdin)

Our camp theme picture

Secret Sister Pockets, I had fun making.

Some cute girls, that I hoped camp made a difference for.

All the 4th Years


Bun Time! Paige Peterson & Rachel Clark

Lake Conroe

Katy Stake Girls Camp 2009
Girls Scout Camp Agnes Arnold
Put On The Armor of Light
"The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us Put on the Armour of Light." Romans 13:12

This year I was asked to be one of the 4th year leaders. We had girls from 8 different wards. It is a bit of a challenge trying to get them all to mesh. But it turned out to be a very successful camp and we all had lots of crazy fun together. I have said this before, but there are some amazing youth out there.

I got to work with Eleanor Bachrach and Julie Baldwin (I served my mission with her husband, small world) we had lots of crazy fun together. I learned how to play Farkle, Cups and rabbit... game.

I got up on one ski my first try. I think it has been about 15 years since the last time I skied and since then I had knee surgery. So, I was estatic. It was fun showing off in front of the girls too.

(7 years later and am trying to finish this and what I remember most is being connected to 2 less active girls.  I really grew to love them and prayed they had a good experience and where able to go home with something to hold on to for strength.  I have no idea what has happened to them since. :( )


No comments: