Friday, July 10, 2009

Mystery Solved


This looks a little horrific at first. Just keep reading.

I woke up the other night to Lauren crying and I thought she had fallen out of bed. So I went up to tuck her back in and laid with her until she fell back to sleep, which wasn't very long.
When she woke up in the morning we found this and could not find where the blood had come from. There was no bloody nose and I checked her body and there was a little blood at the base of her neck where it looked like it had rubbed onto the collar of her Cousin Camp T-shirt, but I couldn't find anything.
Well, later on that day she complained that the back of her head hurt. So I had her show me where and I found a good inch and a half gouge in the back of her head. She must have hit something when she fell out of bed. I can't figure out what and I tucked the poor thing back into bed with a bleeding head. I felt awful.
She has no recollection of falling out of bed or of me tucking her back in and kind of thinks it is funny, but yet she is now a little nervous to go to sleep and needs a pillow on both sides of her to
insure she doesn't fall out again.
Talk about a total freak out moment!

2 comments:

San Diego Spendloves said...

Hope she is feeling better. At first glance it looked like she had a visit from Victoria or James. Glad she's OK

Louise said...

Poor Lauren. But don't be too hard on yourself. We've all had similar experiences raising children. I think it was Stuart who had a broken arm a couple of days before we took him to see a Dr.