Sunday, March 8, 2009

Retired

My sister-in-law just gave me a new scripture case. It didn't fit her scriptures very well, so it was like new. And I have been needing one for a loooong time. I think I have had mine for at least 25 years. The zipper was broken, it was torn, the handle was cracking and it was pretty ugly, but it was MY scripture case. I had it through seminary, college, institute, my mission, my whole married life, 11 years of raising children. What am I am suppose to do with it?

Well, I thought a tribute blog post would suffice.

Here is my old precious blue vinyl scripture case.

Here is my new special scripture case that will probably be there for me through the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Isn't it funny how these "things" acquire such special meaning for us? I have a hard time parting with things like this too. I think your blog tribute is perfect!