Get ready, this is super llllooooonnnnngggg!!!!
Mathew 2-23-09 - My Spring Brack.
On my Spring Brack my family went to Hunsfill state park. I went fishing We did not ketch anything. We all so went on my Dad's kannoow. On the kannoow ride we sall a Aligater We went closer and closer to it. My Mom toock a picture of the aligater. My Mom was sacrd and so was My sister Rachel. To me it was awsome. At night we had smores. The next day we went on a highk. It was cool a little. My Mom cep on tackeing pickturs of me. I like it We sall a blueming tree. We also toock picher of it. The flower were Wite whith yellow in the middle. After that we went on the ckannoow. This time it was me, Ethan and my Dad. We went fishing on it. We didnt' ketch any thing. My brother wanted to ketch some thing. He did not car about what size it is He just wanted to ketch a fish. then we went in are tent
{I thought Matthew's words were perfect for our Spring Break Post.}
On my Spring Brack my family went to Hunsfill state park. I went fishing We did not ketch anything. We all so went on my Dad's kannoow. On the kannoow ride we sall a Aligater We went closer and closer to it. My Mom toock a picture of the aligater. My Mom was sacrd and so was My sister Rachel. To me it was awsome. At night we had smores. The next day we went on a highk. It was cool a little. My Mom cep on tackeing pickturs of me. I like it We sall a blueming tree. We also toock picher of it. The flower were Wite whith yellow in the middle. After that we went on the ckannoow. This time it was me, Ethan and my Dad. We went fishing on it. We didnt' ketch any thing. My brother wanted to ketch some thing. He did not car about what size it is He just wanted to ketch a fish. then we went in are tent
{I thought Matthew's words were perfect for our Spring Break Post.}
Here we are, all six of us, in the canoe and what do we see just ahead of us.......?
Wet bottoms after the canoe ride...
Our Camp Site
Last year we took our tent, which looked like this one below on the Youth Pioneer Trek and when we returned home we set it out to dry while we went to San Antonio to pick up our kids. When we got home it had flown away and we have never seen it since, until we went camping and found it. Okay, one just like it.
Our dinner the first night was delicious and Steve just made it all up. I am thinking you almost can't go wrong with a dutch oven, chicken, carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, bacon and some elbow grease from the kids.
The best part about camping is the SMORES.
Ethan built a good tee pee fire and we had to make due with sticks and tongs for our marshmallow skewers since I left our real ones at home.



This is what you look like in the morning after you were freezing all night long. Only I was cold. I left my warm sleeping bag at home, so we stopped at Target to get a new one that we thought Ethan could use for scouts and it turns out it was extremely light but not very warm.

Nothing like some nice hot chocolate, or in Ethan's case hot apple cider, on a nice crisp cold morning.


Rachel is making our breakfast for us, breakfast burritos with hashbrowns & bacon, yum yum!

Just a few hiking pictures...



The arrowhead leaf

Ethan spent every spare second he had fishing, which is a lot when you are camping.


While Ethan was fishing he got his hook and bobber stuck in this tree, so the canoers retrieved them.

Here I am with my contribution to our dinner the second night, dutch oven peach cobbler.
Nothing like some nice hot chocolate, or in Ethan's case hot apple cider, on a nice crisp cold morning.
Rachel is making our breakfast for us, breakfast burritos with hashbrowns & bacon, yum yum!
Just a few hiking pictures...
The tree with the blooming white flowers that Matthew liked.
The arrowhead leaf
Ethan spent every spare second he had fishing, which is a lot when you are camping.
Here I am with my contribution to our dinner the second night, dutch oven peach cobbler.






5 comments:
How fun!!! Looks like you really enjoyed yourselves.
Melissa, you even look cute when you are camping, not fair!
Oh my goodness, what a blast! That almost makes me want to go camping. Almost.
It looks like so much fun! And the food looked delicious too!
I LOVE this post... It brings back so many memories of the Spendlove kids backpacking with Dad. I'm glad our mule is carrying on the Spendlove tradition of loving the outdoors!
Again, I love the pictures. But I especially love what Matthew wrote. He is quite the writer. I really loved his spelling. Tell him thanks for the great post. Love Grandma Spendlove
Post a Comment