Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Carving for reals!

We had big plans to do our pumpkins earlier in the week. I even went early enough to pick out some nice pumpkins. But the kids just decided that this was not the night they wanted to cooperate so we had to cancel. Which is a bad thing around here because trying to reschedule something like that in our schedule is a hard thing to do. We finally fit it in on Halloween Day just before it got dark.

Steve had everything under control, it was amazing. I was hastily finishing up costumes, while he took the pumpkin carving lead. They all turned out so good.
Just remind me to do this outside next year. I don't know why we do it at the kitchen table every year. I am still picking up pumpkin off the floor.


Ethan's pumpkin has flame eyes, a surf board nose and waves for a mouth.





Matthew's of course is the Batman Pumpkin.


Rachel went to a girl scout activity where they carved pumpkins at Boli Brother's Pizza and was trained by a professional. She came home with a very nice looking pumpkin. So she did a great job on her other pumpkin at home too.






Lauren has such great hand eye coordination it is amazing. She did a great job on her own cutting this pumpkin face out.





2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cool pumpkin carvings! Little Lauren carved that out by herself? Wow!

Louise said...

What a great looking group of pumpkins, kids included!! Did Stephen do most of it?