Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rachel's Field Trip to the OLC

Part of being the homeroom mom, gets you privileges like going on field trips with your kids. (Matthew was a little disappointed that I didn't go with his class, but he had his turn last year.)

We went to the KISD Outdoor Learning Center. I have heard alot about this place, but have never been before and am glad I was able to see what it was all about. It is like an outdoorsy, nature-like Children's Museum, total hands on. The kids loved it and I even learned alot.
Leaf pressing.
Pioneer Games.
Barn where they husked the corn, ground it and made corn meal to feed the chickens.


They loved the rabbits.
Showing the chicken eggs that they take to the first graders so they can watch them hatch.
Pumping water.

Pigeons. They usually let each class take one back to school and they let it go from there and they find their way back to their home, but there have been some mean hawks out that swoop in take the pigeons as they come home. So they will get a chance in the spring.

I took this picture for Lauren, she loves butterflies.

They were looking at leave, feathers and seeds.
Different bird eggs.

Not sure what this is.

Yes, we are in Texas. Rachel loved having me there. She wouldn't let go of me.

4 comments:

Emily said...

How fun! So this place is run by the school district? That's neat that she loved having you there so much.

Jennie said...

Your kids are so lucky to have you. I love all of the pictures. Michelle loves soccer too.

Marti said...

So did they shut Mrs. Leander in the chicken coop? That's kind of a funny picture.

Amber said...

This place looks awesome! How fun it must have been to share it with Rachel.